Tuesday 22 January 2013

EXCLUSIVE; ANOTHER KIDNAPPER ARRESTED IN LAGOS















Tope the kidnapper


By Chiemelie Ezeobi

Meanwhile, in a similar development, the Ketu Police Division also arrested another suspected kidnapper, one Tope Akingbemila, who had attempted to kidnap a 5-year old boy simply identified as Dayo. THISDAY gathered that the suspect and three others had already dragged the victim into a tricycle popularly known as Keke Marwa and had attempted to flee with him before he was caught by by-standers.


The angry mob had given chase and arrested Tope while the three others escaped. Tope confessed that he had actively participated in three other kidnap operations that were successful.

Speaking to THISDAY, Tope admitted that his job was to kidnap children and demand ransom. He said, "I am a kidnapper. That is how I make my money. I have successfully kidnapped three children with my partners and collected a ransom of N500, 000 each.

"I was brought into the business by Baba Fatai, a babalawo (medicine man). Even when Baba Fatai said he has retired I continued because it is lucrative ."

Braide said the suspect has been cooperating fully with the police to assist them track the fleeing gang members, adding that investigation is in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment