Thursday 3 January 2013

SPORTS: Ikpeba Disowns Twitter Account


Victor-Ikpeba-1405.jpg - Victor-Ikpeba-1405.jpg

Former Super Eagles player, Victor Nosa Ikpeba
Former Super Eagles player, Victor Nosa Ikpeba, has disowned the Ikpeba Official account on social network site, Twitter. Ikpeba who along with Super Eagles supremo, Stephen Keshi have been under a barrage of attack from out of favour Osaze Odemwingie on Twitter, said Wednesday that he does not have a Twitter account and that the Ikpeba Official on the social network  was unknown to him.
The former Monaco of France player also denied using Ikpeba Official to reply Odemwingie. Ikpeba Official, a Twitter account opened with Ikpeba’s name and picture exchanged words with Odemwingie on the social network site.

“My major source of concern is that a person or some persons opened a Twitter account with my picture and name. The Twitter account name is Ikpeba Official. This person or persons have been using this Ikpeba Official account in exchanging words with the player in question on Twitter,” Ikpeba said in a statement Wednesday.
“But I make bold to state categorically here that I don’t have a Twitter account neither have I exchanged words with anybody on the social network site.
“My organisation, SuperSport, knows that I don’t operate an account on Twitter. I would rather spend my precious time with my family than confront anybody on a social network site.”
He however charged the Super Eagles not to be distracted by the recent development, calling on them to make Nigeria proud in South Africa.
“I wish to use this opportunity to advise the Eagles officials and players to see this unfortunate development as a mere distraction. Instead, they should go out there and prove once again that we are the true giants of African football, irrespective of who is selected or not,” Ikpeba said.

No comments:

Post a Comment