Monday 18 March 2013

Rueben Abati's Shocking Amnesia




What is it with money and power that makes mince meat out 
of integrity? It is saddening that people who blast the government at 
every turn end up singing the praises of the same government once 
they join the cabinet. Time will fail me to mention them all but I 
think the case of Reuben Abati is one choice example. I mean, 
this was someone I read about in school; someone our lecturers
 (in this case, of my alma mater, Mass Communication Department, 
Anambra State University) told us to emulate. 

I sure do hope my lecturer has changed the role model  figure 
for the current students cos I don't see what's worthy of emulation 
in the present Abati (with all due respect). What am I ranting about 
you may ask? Dr. Abati has practically rescinded all his anti 
government talk forgetting that history is called history because 
its documented.
As pointed out by Simon KOLAWOLE in his Sunday article, Dr.
 Abati has made a 360 turn from his former beliefs. For instance, 
take a look at one of the recent issue of the presidential pardon. 
The same Abati who flayed Alamieyeseigha in 2005 has called 
us (Nigerians) a bunch of ignorant people. Really? Like seriously?
 Little wonder I think the good Dr. has a case of amnesia 
however temporary it is. 
His quotes in 2005 and in 2013; 
"Alamieyeseigha has shown himself to be a dishonourable 
fellow, unfit to rule, unfit to sit among men and women 
of honour and integrity, unfit to preach to the people that 
he leads about ideals and values." -~ Dr. Reuben Abati, 
writing in The Guardian on November 25, 2005.
"Nigerians Reaction To Alamieyeseigha's Pardon
 Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance."
~ Dr Reuben Abati, March 16th, 2013
INDEED, MONEY TALKS, BULLSHIT WORKS !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment