Tuesday 4 June 2013

Mourinho: Chelsea Return was 'Easy Decision'


030613L.Jose-Mourinho-talki.jpg-030613L.Jose-Mourinho-talki.jpg

Jose Mourinho talking with Chelsea TV 
Jose Mourinho said it was an "easy decision" for him to return to Chelsea for a second spell in charge. It was announced on Monday that the 50-year-old had signed a four-year deal to manage the club he had previously helped to two Premier League titles.
"It was an easy decision," ex-Real Madrid boss Mourinho told Chelsea TV. The Portuguese manager, who also helped the Blues to two League Cup wins and one FA Cup triumph, takes over from interim boss Rafael Benitez following a three-year period in charge at Real Madrid.

He said that he would be looking to "improve the team" but not by spending millions in the transfer window.
"By that, I mean work with the team. My work has to improve the players and the team," added Mourinho.
"If I don't do that I won't be happy with myself. If after that we can further improve the team by buying couple of players, then fantastic - but I have to improve the team with my work."
Mourinho, who helped Real to the Spanish league title in 2012 and has won two European Cups with Porto and Inter Milan, said if it was up to him he would like to begin training with the squad straight away.

No comments:

Post a Comment