Friday 19 July 2013

Amaechi is my Son, says Dame Patience Jonathan


Amidst a rash of reactions over the festering political crisis in Rivers State, the First Lady, Mrs. Patience Jonathan,  Wednesday gave an insight into why the state has been on the boil in recent time.

According to her, the crisis in the state, took a turn for the worse following the wresting of the structure of the state chapter of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) from loyalists of the  governor, Mr. Chibuike Amaechi, began four years ago.


The first lady, while receiving 16 bishops from the South-south geo-political zone who paid her a visit in Abuja, said the seed of discord in the state was sown in Anyugubiri in Okrika four years ago following moves by the state government to demolish some structures in the town.

She said: “Rivers State issue is one thing I’ve committed to prayer because I believe there is nothing God cannot do. God restored me and I’ll do His work without the fear of man.

“The truth will always remain the truth and what God ordains must come to pass and so Rivers issue is something we’ve handed over to God.” She said contrary to some reports that she has been fuelling tension in the state, she has always mediated between  Amaechi and other parties in the crisis.

‘Amaechi is my son, I cannot fight him and I cannot kill him. He shouldn’t be used by outsiders against his own blood because this seat is vanity. One day, no matter how long it takes, we will leave this seat. Power is not forever. This seat is vanity, others sat here and left so one day, I’ll also leave and we will meet at home; so why should I fight him?


“Let’s take it easy, face issues, leave non-existent matters, stop magnifying lies and respect our leaders and people in authority. Let’s give peace a chance,’’ she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment