Thursday 8 August 2013

Full Transcript of Conversation Between Motorist and the Officer who was Caught on Video Demanding N25k Bribe

Lagos PRO, Ngozi Braide 
A transcript of the negotiation for a bribe showed:
Policeman: Once we enter this compound now(police station), I no go follow you talk
Motorist(pleading): I don’t have N25,000
Policeman: OK. Talk better thing now, make you go your way, make you go your Osborne
Motorist: (Protests again) I don’t have more than N2,000
Policeman: Ok (sighed). Oh.. (quiet)
Motorist: If you want to help me, must I pay N25k?
Policeman: I know sir, I know you cannot raise N25,000. But talk something reasonable
Motorist: (Female passenger) I told you I just got my ticket now. You want me to show you. My ticket is in the car.
Policeman: Wait now… What you are saying is very far… Add something reasonable to that. Make you go your way. I know there is no how you can raise N25k; a guy like you.
Motorist: Oga, a man like me… oga
Policeman: And moreover, I am not working alone.Look, if you enter this compound (police station), you will pay bigger money.
Motorist: You know I won’t stand on that ground and risk saying bigger amount when I don’t have. I don’t have…
Policeman: I am not working alone
Motorist: I don’t live here. I came here to collect something. I have N500 on me. If I cannot at least… I’m going to Ajah. I’m coming back to Airport tomorrow. How do you want me to do it?
Motorist (Female) I’ve told you .. should I show you my ticket?
Policeman: Wait… No be $50, $20 and other dollars dey with you?
Motorist: (Female): I have told you I’m paying for excess luggage. That was why I offered you…
Policeman: All that $50 dollars – you want to use for excess luggage… you dey speak grammar; by the time when speak (sic) no dey for two of us, you go see my own. Add something to that money.
Motorist: I don’ have
Police: You don’t have ….(sighed) pause…
Motorist: So you cannot help me because I cannot put small money to it….. to that N2,000 (silence for some moments)
Policeman: I have related to you like my own young brother, like friend…
Motorist: Have I not spoken to you like a man, to tell you what I have?
Policeman: if it is possible from that side.. you think I will still be inside here? (the car)
Motorist: You think I will waste my time here if I have more money?
Policeman?: I’m not working alone, if I am, even if it is N1,000 I will collect from you and go.
(Policeman picks his mobile phone and calls a colleague named Wasiu and reports that the jeep car that he arrested is not ready to deal; that he should tell Oga to ‘book it’ “He told me N2,000”, he reported to the said Wasiu.

No comments:

Post a Comment