Wednesday 2 October 2013

EXCLUSIVE: Police Arrest Fake Mopol in Lagos

The impersonator 
This is just as the Lagos State Police Command has arrested a 28-year-old man, one Ben Okon, for impersonating a mobile police officer. Meanwhile, the suspect who was arrested for impersonation debunked claims that he had stolen the uniform to perpetuate crime, rather he claimed to have picked up the NPF badge and emblem at a drinking joint when it fell off a policemen's pocket.


He said, "I went to Iyana Ipaja where I was arrested by a female police. She asked me to identify myself which I did but she went on to search me.

"She took my identity card when I told her I work with Man O War. She took me to the station and they called my boss,  Jonas and he confirmed I work with him but he refused to come to the station.

"I stayed behind bars for a week before they transferred me to SARS. It was here that they finally searched for and arrested my boss too."

No comments:

Post a Comment