Monday 23 June 2014

Exclusive: How Herbalist Buried Mother and Child Alive

The herbalist 
The suspected killer of a retired custom officer and her 10-year old child yesterday recounted how he tricked his victims into his shrine and buried them alive.

The 64 year old suspect identified as Alhaji Olatunji Azeez in his confessional statement alleged that he actually tricked the deceased into one of his shrine located behind his traditional temple at Ajuwon, Akute in Ogun State.


The deceased and her child both identified as Mrs Angela Kerry 68, Obralulum Kerry 10, we're allegedly reported missing by members of her family on May 10, 2014.

"Some tine in 2013, the deceased came to me along with one of her friend also known as Kemi alleging that she had been bewitched. I actually assisted her in this respect.

"again, Some time this year the woman came to my shrine during which she told me that the girl she came to my p,ace with the previous time was not her biological child and that she needed me to assist her become pregnant.

"sincerely speaking, I told her that since she has gotten to menopause age there was nothing anybody, not even church can do to make her become pregnant again. But she insisted that I have to do something her desperately.

"So to discharge her, I asked her to provide N10 million to enable me put together concoction that can make to become pregnant. Surprisingly, she provided the money and I collected it.

"Six months there after the lady came back to me to say that she had not gotten pregnant and I reminded her that in the first place I told her that it was impossible for anybody to make her pregnant since she had gone past menopause. This was when the pressure on me to pay back her money started.

"When the pressure became intense, I told her bluntly that I wont pay her back her money. It was then she threatened me, saying that she will show me that she was in the customs.

"It was then I decided that it is either her life or my life. She had earlier sold one of her houses. I help her to buy one house, but she later asked me to change the documents of the house to my name.

"However, when the pressure on me to pay back her money continued, I paid her about N2.5 million and subsequently paid installmental payment all amounting to about N4.5 million remaining a balance of N6.5million.

"having considered the threat from her it was then I cooked up a plan of how to eliminate her. I have a pit dog behind my house to drain water that accumulate in my compound each time it rains.

"I built a house to cover it, placed a mat to cover and then a white cloth to cover the mat. So when she came again for her money, I calm her down and later persuaded her that we should go into my shrine to pray, insisting that after all we are still friends.

"She got up, took her child along and I asked her to leave the girl behind but she refused, insisting that the girl goes along with her any where she goes.

"So I had no other option but to allow her after all it is either my life or her own. So as soon as she stepped into the shrine, she fell into the 20 feet pit along her child. When I peeped into the well, I saw her in a sitting position while the girl appeared to be standing.

"I then started covering the pit with the sand that was dug out of the hole. I had emptied about 20 bucket full of sand into the well when I stopped since I was already tired. From the luck of things, the lady appeared to have been buried, while the girl was half covered with sand.

"I continued the next day until the girl too was completely buried. I later dumped her belongings into the well and I also covered it. I later cemented the surface to avoid any prying eyes.

"I am married to three wives and I have five children but non of them were in the house at the time of the incident" he added.

Addressing media men at the Command Headquarters, Ikeja, the Lagos Commissioner of Police, Umar Manko stated that the suspect arrest was sequel to the disappearance of the deceased who happens to be a retired customs officer and her adopted child on May 10, 2014.

The family of the deceased had reported at that time at New Oko Oba Police Station a case of missing persons.

He said that based on the Strength of the report, he directed the Officer in Charge of the State Anti Robbery Squad (SARS), Abba Kyari to investigate the matter.

During the cause of investigation, one Alhaji Olatunji Azeez, a herbalist and a ritualist who resides at Ajuwon Akute in Ogun was arrested through tracking device installed on the victims Toyota Camry.

No comments:

Post a Comment